The 2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustang uses a special high performance alternator,
which was designed to operate at higher RPMs. This high performance
alternator uses a larger pulley to slow the armature speed in order to
reduce drag and parasitic horsepower loss. It also uses a 1-way clutch
to prevent belt hop-off during upshifts.
- Boss 302 (2012-2013)
- Mustang GT 5.0L TIVCT (2011-2012)
The 100/200 Amp unit requires a new wiring harness pigtail, which is included.
American's high performance GT500 alternators are 100% brand new and
were designed to meet the rigorous demands for the need of increased
We offer two different versions:
• 80 Amp Idle / 160 Amp Max.
• 100 Amp Idle / 200 Amp. Max.
Used to correct speedometer because of tire size or gear ratio changes.
- Shelby - All Models (2007-2010) (Raptor & Focus Excluded)
- Ford Mustang - All Models (2005-2010)